Dorchester Collection (DC) is the ultimate hotel management company; with a passion for excellence and innovation, honouring the individuality and heritage of our nine iconic hotels across the world (supporting document 1). Underpinning all that we do is our business vision: Treasured by guests, Cherished by employees, Celebrated worldwide. We deliver this through our values, which sit underneath our ‘We Care’ philosophy; ensuring that our people remain at the cornerstone of every business decision. In order to move forward as a company and continue to offer a world-class guest experience at scale, Dorchester Collection needed to standardize HR processes and data.
- Consolidate HR processes and talent data into a single solution.
- Improve talent mobility and visibility on skills, learning and development needs Hire people for cultural fit who are more likely to stay and grow with the company.
- Provide a brand-consistent employee experience while preserving each hotel’s uniqueness.
- Improve employee retention and customer service.
- Overall engagement is 8.7 eNPS (up from 8.1) putting DC in the top 10% within our competitive set.
- All 14 of our engagement drivers are in the top 25% globally, with half in the top 5%.
- Guest engagement has increased by six points, putting DC in the 97th percentile defined as ‘world-class’ and creating an additional £4.5m in revenue since 2016.
- Employee turnover has reduced two points to 21.1 % in 2 years (hospitality global average is 35%) saving £1.1m in the last year alone.
- Employee-led training requests have increased by over 100%. More than 60% of our workforce are now cross-trained in three roles – a 160% increase in two years.
- Internal promotions into leadership roles have risen to 70% (from 55% in 2016). 97% completion of Your Plan – our individualised development planning tool.
- Explore completion rates (first 6 months of employee development) increased by 40% to 84%.